Autorun.inf

seedie 16:40 26 Apr 04

Any of you tried making autorun CDROMS?

I'd appreciate hints and tips before I go into wholesale coaster production; in particular, is

Icon = necessary?

I've created a batch file and converted it to an exe file, will this perform ok as

Open=myfile.exe ?

Thanks

CD

Diodorus Siculus 16:46 26 Apr 04

click here

click here

A couple of guides here.

seedie 17:23 26 Apr 04

your response. I looked at these sites before I came here, what need is first hand experience.

CD

Gongoozler 17:33 26 Apr 04

Hi seedie. I often make autorun powerpoint disks for slide shows. This is the file I use. (I've added a blank line to preserve the formatting). The file is simply a text file written is notepad, but has to be called AUTORUN.INF

[AutoRun]

open = Ppview32.exe slideshow.ppt

Gongoozler 17:44 26 Apr 04

Then add the line to autorun.inf

ICON=AUTORUN.ICO,0

And make sure there is a bmp picture called AUTORUN.ICO that is 32 x 32 pixels

The autorun.inf and autorun.ico must both be in the cd root and not a folder.

seedie 19:00 26 Apr 04

Is the ICON line necessary?

AndySD 19:02 26 Apr 04

no

seedie 19:43 26 Apr 04

for the time being. going to give it a try but knowing me my next thread will be ' seedie's wholesale coaster supplies bogof' ;)

Thanks to all

CD

david4637 19:55 26 Apr 04

For interest sake would you please explain the syntax of -

open = Ppview32.exe slideshow.ppt

Thanks David

Gongoozler 21:39 26 Apr 04

Hi david4637. In my cd I am using Powerpoint viewer (ppview32.exe) to run a slideshow saved as slideshow.ppt. This is the result of using "Pack and Go" after creating the slideshow in PowerPoint. I do this to run a slideshow with PowerPoint transitions and titles.

seedie, the icon is only necessary if you want to personalise the icon Windows Explorer shows alongside the drive letter. An interesting side effect of this is that if you copy the cd to a hard drive partition, you can be stuck with that icon allocated to that partition.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…