autorun no longer starts

woodburner 11:02 19 Mar 09

The autorun facility on the dvd/cd no longer works, I can open manually but can no longer play a slide show just by putting dvd into slot,I have googled this problem and several sites offer a download BUT they are .exe, is there a simple answer?
Woodburner

rawprawn 11:19 19 Mar 09

Which OS, if it's Vista open the Control Panel and select Autoplay then choose how you want it to respond.

woodburner 08:30 20 Mar 09

I am using XP

Taff™ 08:43 20 Mar 09

Right click the drive in My Cmputer and you should find an autorun tab.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:38 20 Mar 09

Autoplay Repair Wizard click here

Autoplay disable/enable
1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then press ENTER.
2. Locate and click the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\CDRom
3. To disable automatically running CD-ROMs, change the Autorun value to 0 (zero). To enable automatically running CD-ROMs, change the Autorun value to 1.
4. Restart your computer.

If Autoplay does not work in XP, here's another fix:

Run Regedit
Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ Software\ Microsoft\ Windows\ CurrentVersion\ Policies\Explorer.
Delete the Key "NoDriveTypeAutoRun"
Reboot the Computer.

woodburner 11:40 23 Mar 09

Many thanks Fruit Bat, wizard saved the day

frenchman96 09:12 17 Apr 09

Fruitbat

I will add to post as my autoplay is not working either. I am pretty sure its due to me disabling it due to a security warning.

My setting are ok based on r/c on D drive/properties/autoplay tab/choose WMP but still not working.

I have just following your regedit navigation but when reaching the last part, the choice I have is>

Default REG_SZ (value not set)
HonorAutoRunSe REG_DWORD 0x00000001(1)
NoCDBurning REG_DWORD 0x00000000(0)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…