AutoRoute Express asks for CD

I've installed Works Suite 2000 on my Win 98SE. When I open AutoRoute it says it can't find the CD-ROM. I didn't get an option to instal with CD support, but insering the CD makes no difference - same message.

I uninstalled, then re-installed and watched all the data loading. Still the same message.

I can see the relevant files on 'C'. Any suggestions, please?

PS. It's not urgent.

matt5705 15:32 23 Nov 03

microsoft worksuit i think has more then 1 discs so try them if that does not work ask microsoft for surrport

timothywilliam 15:35 23 Nov 03

I have to put the CD in mine as well. I think it is an option when you start the programme first time round whether it goes on the hard disc or from the CD. Personally anything like this I like from the CD- saves space. You might check My Computer and the CD icon there to see if it has loaded, anothe trick is to experiment with putting the CD in straight away, or wait until the computer actually asks for it.

Thanks, tried 'em all. The CD drive is not even being accessed.

Good thinking, but I didn't get that option. Have tried inserting the CD and waiting 'til it spins up, no joy. Not from the computer, anyway.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…