Autoroute 2004 without CD

pienter 19:49 27 Feb 04

Has anyone been able to load the full version of Microsoft Autoroute 2004 supplied as part of the Microsoft Works Suite 2004 package? I can load the version which requires the CD to be present, but when I choose the version which doesn't need the CD I am told that three files xxxx.EUR_CD.MAD, xxxxEURRoads.DAT and xxxxEURRoute.NDX are missing.

OU812 20:40 27 Feb 04

I have the Autoroute 2003 and have got around the need to insert a CD by imaging the CD to disk using Nero 5.5 and then vitually mounting the drive using Daemon Tools which is a free CD DVD Rom Emulator available at:

click here

You might also like to try the following virtual CD software from Virtual CD available at

click here

Which I have also used (in the time limited version) and which also does the job very well. Indeed I would have brought it but for the fact that Nero came pre-installed with my PC and Daemon Tools is Free.

One way I found to get round the requirement to have the cd present was to copy the contents of the Autoroute disk to its own folder on the hard drive, then to install from there - only restriction was that you had to install to another partition.

montydog 20:44 27 Feb 04

Hi Ken

Try going back into the Worksuite setup (from explore in Win XP)and delete Autoroute, then re-install it. At the stage in install where the files are to be copied to the hard disk, it should give you the option for a complete copy. Click on this. It should work.

Montydog

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…