autoplay wont work.

InZaNE_mOdS 17:09 13 Dec 03

Hi i have an xp pro machine. and my cd dvd drives wont autoplay. First time i built the machine which was 2 months ago auto play worked for a bit i think. Then it didnt. some told me it was an exp bug, and if so how can i fix it. I go to properties on the drives and autoplay ta, but it says all this useless info about music files or something. Please help if you can.

InZaNE_mOdS 17:10 13 Dec 03

My E:\ drive which is a DVD ROM, now only shows as a CD DRIVE.

powerless 17:11 13 Dec 03

On the Autoplay tab is "Prompt me each time to choose an action" checked?

InZaNE_mOdS 17:15 13 Dec 03

yes it is checked poweless. Any other ideas?

Djohn 19:02 13 Dec 03

From the auto-play drop-down menu choose an action to auto play when you insert a CD. IE for DVD select DVD movie and for the CD drive select music.

Click on apply then OK. When you insert a disk of the type chosen it will auto-play, but should still give you the option of which application to use if you have placed a dot in the circle as Powerless says.

If the above does not work, then just delete the drive and reboot your PC, it will be re-installed as you boot up. j.

beeuuem 19:10 13 Dec 03

You can use Powertoys for XP to reinstate Autoplay. You can download Powertoys at XP
click here
and use Tweakui. Open Tweakui> My Computer>Autoplay and ensure that the drive you want to use is enabled in "Drives". Under "types" check that both boxes are ticked.

InZaNE_mOdS 19:58 13 Dec 03

both boxes are ticked in tweakui, i dont know why it wont auto play any cd which has autoplay files in them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…