Autoplay in Windows XP multiple account scenario

Taylor44 16:32 13 Feb 04

My son has just set up his family PC running WindowsXP Home with the multiple user option enabled.In spite of all four users accessing the same CD Rom drive, and all accounts showing the same configuration settings when the drive properties are examined,,my grandson's account will not autoplay in spite of his settings being identical to the other three users.Is there a limit to the number of accounts on one family PC or is ther something obvious I've overlooked in trying to correct this problem for them??.Any advice as usual,would be most welcome..
Regards
taylor44

fish44 09:20 07 May 04

I too am having the same problem with 2 out of 4 user accounts.
I have a Mesh PC and the only programs the 2 have used which the 2 unaffected have not are the Pinnacle CD writer software and Creative MP3 player software.

MESH Support 10:52 21 May 04

Sorry for the delay in posting.

In your case the Pinnacle software will disable the Autorun feature in the belief that it will interupt the burning process otherwise.

Davey

Mesh Support

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…