Autoplay will not run

badgermansix 20:51 26 Jul 06

WinXP HE SP2

The AutoPlay on my PC will not work at all, for any type of disk.

However, I have found that if I uncheck the "Shell Hardware Detection" via msconfig, the AutoPlay will work for
factory produced CD's but not the cd's that I have produced, i.e. a jpg or file CD.

I thought that if I go to Start-My Computer-right click Properties, I would see the Auto-play tab. this is not the case.
I have uninstalled Nero 6 OEM and deleted the files from the Registry via Regedit just in case this was causing the problem.

Any suggestions please
I have uninstalled Nero 6 OEM and deleted the files from the Registry via Regedit

VoG II 20:53 26 Jul 06

Tab missing click here

Fix autoplay click here

badgermansix 21:08 26 Jul 06

VoG™, thanks for a very prompt reply(as usual)
Shell Hardware Detection is disabled, if I enable it then the the AutoPlay will not work for factory produced CD's at all.

I have tried the Autofix, and it is unable to correct things?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:19 26 Jul 06

Autoplay disable/enable
1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then press ENTER.
2. Locate and click the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\CDRom
3. To disable automatically running CD-ROMs, change the Autorun value to 0 (zero). To enable automatically running CD-ROMs, change the Autorun value to 1.
4. Restart your computer.

badgermansix 07:31 27 Jul 06

Fruit Bat /\0/\, the Autorun value is 1.
I noticed that the line below it reads:- AutoRunAlwaysDisable-Reg_Multi_SZ NEC MBR-7 etc etc.
My dvd r r/w is a Nec is this significant?

badgermansix 06:53 28 Jul 06

^

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…