autoplay sequence

highside 20:39 10 May 06

Help please,
Out of the blue I have an Autoplay box running all the time for no apparent reason.
ie a box with a flashing /searching torch. It is titled Autoplay and cancelling it or closing the box have no effect, it just keeps repeating itself every few seconds. I am writing this in between its bursts as I cannot acheive text while it is on screen.
There are no disks/cd/dvds in the drive and I have tried system restore to no avail.
Although a clue may be in that I had just reinstalled the my NIKON camera software from CD ?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:05 10 May 06

try Ctrl+Alt+Del to bring up task manager, have a look what applications are running, click end task to stop the application searching for whatever file its looking for.

When you know what application is causing the problem either uninstall it or post back for further info.

highside 21:43 10 May 06

Many thanks Fruit Bat, problem resolved.

FatboySlim71 12:43 05 Aug 06

Highside you say problem solved, what was the fix for the problem ? It helps people who look on this forum if you can post back and tell what was the solution, in case someone has the same problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…