Autoplay problems

darkster 15:00 28 Feb 04

Hi all, Having just done a full reinstallation of XP all of a sudden my cd/dvd drives have stopped autoplaying. Is there an easy way out of this that I have overlooked? I've checked the properties of the drives and changed autoplay but to no avail!

Socalled 15:09 28 Feb 04

Download and install TweakUI. Then run it and go under My Computer->AutoPlay and make sure your drives are checked in the list, and that "Enable autoplay for cd and dvd drives" is checked in the Types list.

click here
click here

bananaslik 18:50 28 Feb 04

go into my computer,right click on your cd drive,select propeties,autoplay.check action to choose then select it in the window ie,play & then apply it.easy peasy

Icky 19:20 28 Feb 04

I was given this edit which will do it for you. Enable CD AutoPlay for Pro or Home (Line 10).

click here

Icky 19:23 28 Feb 04

That link didn't work did it.

Hope this does.

click here

Icky 19:26 28 Feb 04

click here

I'm trying again!!!

bananaslik 19:33 28 Feb 04

hey Icky u have two twin brothers

alnwrd 21:39 04 Mar 04

Had the same problem. Right clicking drive showed no autoplay options. Problem solved with a download from Microsoft called autofix.exe. Downloads in just a few seconds. Bingo autoplay shows plus select autoplay with which program

I'm sure this will do the trick

darkster 16:26 05 Mar 04

Thanks a lot guys,
@ Icky; thanks for the link - v.useful - sorted the problem.
Big thanks to everyone else!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…