Autoplay Problem

peter4076 17:55 27 Nov 04

I have a desktop 40 gig HDD, the problem is that every now and then the autoplay kicks in and the moving torch is searching what to open a file with ( on this HDD I have music files/ textfiles in fact everything that makes computing interesting, this is all very well, but I might be working on another harddrive, I have other harddrives linked to my computer 4 infact and none of the others do this. The autoplay box offering me different applications to open various files..........I highlight "Take no Action" click apply.........and woila 5 minutes later autoplays moving torch is at it again totally ignoring my command, is their anybody out there who could help solve this annoying nuisance......Your input gratefully excepted.

peter4076 18:11 27 Nov 04

Hopefully have found a fix on the Microsoft website!! will tick if problem is resolved, but going out at 6.30 for the evening so tomorrow is the day.

JaßîsFaß ˜ 19:46 27 Nov 04

Have you searched your drive to see if there are any AUTORUN.INF or AUTORUN.* files as if they exist this could be causing what you described.

peter4076 17:11 28 Nov 04

24 hours later seems to working ( no roving torch )

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…