AutoPlay no longer working after install sonyphone

newbee2 22:31 16 Aug 06

Having installed software for Sony K800i phone AutoPlay of CDs DVDs and removable drives no longer functions. Microsoft support workaround Article ID: 320281 of booting pc with sony memory stick in slot did not fix problem. Conflict appears to be with sony memory stick and windows not initializing in registry. Will Tweak UI help fix problem if I download? Running Windows XP Home. Novice user so grateful for clear advice please.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:49 16 Aug 06

Autoplay Repair Wizard click here

Autoplay disable/enable
1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then press ENTER.
2. Locate and click the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\CDRom
3. To disable automatically running CD-ROMs, change the Autorun value to 0 (zero). To enable automatically running CD-ROMs, change the Autorun value to 1.
4. Restart your computer.

newbee2 22:57 17 Aug 06

With thanks to Fruit Bat /\0/\. After fix AutoPlay of CD's and DVD's now working but still no joy for flash drives and memory stick that used to bring up the AutoPlay dialog box? Any further suggestions

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 23:00 17 Aug 06

My computer - right click drive - autoplay tab - select the appropriate file type and action to perform

newbee2 15:53 18 Aug 06

Have already been this route. Tried again, requested to view files - applied and nothing. Still absolutely no auto response when usb flash drives and memory stick inserted. Have to go My Computer and double click to view files or via Explorer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…