Ozy 22:14 PM 29 Mar 12

I bought PC Tools Performance, and installed it. I did not like the way it came up every time I bootup , and booted from Hibernate, It was checking the Registry. After a few days I uninstalled it. Now I cannot get AutoPlay to work, I put in a music disc, nothing happenes, Same with a DVD film, put in a Key drive no auto play comes up but the drive is accessible in Computer. I have tried Control Panel,/ Autoplay and checked every thing is correctly ticked. How can I get my AutoPlay back

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:21 PM 29 Mar 12

Autoplay Repair Wizard

Autoplay disable/enable 1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then press ENTER. 2. Locate and click the following registry key: HKEYLOCALMACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\CDRom 3. To disable automatically running CD-ROMs, change the Autorun value to 0 (zero). To enable automatically running CD-ROMs, change the Autorun value to 1. 4. Restart your computer.

If Autoplay does not work in XP, here's a fix:

Run Regedit Go to HKEYCURRENTUSER\ Software\ Microsoft\ Windows\ CurrentVersion\ Policies\Explorer. Delete the Key "NoDriveTypeAutoRun" Reboot the Computer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday deals & best UK Black Friday tech…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This 4K screen is purpose-built for showcasing digital art

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know