Autoplay

highside 16:22 25 Feb 11

Any advice please, Autoplay has stopped opening & asking when a USB device is connected. I think I know what caused it but not what to do.
I have two Win 7 laptops one 32bit one 64bit
I installed VMWare player (a must have)on both machines.
The 32bit machine is fine with Auto Play menu working but Auto play no longer opens on the 64 bit laptop.
1)Auto play settings are correct in Control panel.
2)services.msc Shell hardware is started and on Auto.
3)regedit NoDriveTypeAutoRun was found to be
0x000000ff (disabled I think) so I set it to 91HEX but still does not work.
4) Auto Run is set to 1.
Thanks for looking.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:29 25 Feb 11

The latest windows Update disables autoplay on all but CD and DVD

click here

highside 16:35 25 Feb 11

Thanks for reply Fruit Bat, after posting I suddenly remembered that SP1 downloaded yesterday onto the 64 bit (not auto playing machine) so problem must have come along with it.
Will have to study your link now.
(I probably followed a red herring by suspecting VM palyer as its also on the working machine)

highside 16:39 25 Feb 11

ps went to the link but it is for Win XP & its SP2

highside 16:55 25 Feb 11

Now working.
By coincidence a few mins ago Update offered me an optional update (KB2488113) & after the required reboot Auto Run was working perfectly.

So was it the new file or simply that the reboot verified the change I made earlier to 91HEX?
Anyway thanks for your instant help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…