autoplay

bruno 09:31 05 Jul 07

Autoplay has stopped working on my dvd/cd writer.Any suggestions?

try this
click here

bruno 10:03 05 Jul 07

Thank you for that.I tried it but it did not fix the problem.It said the device was malfunctioning but the wizard could not fix it.

bruno 10:11 05 Jul 07

When I set up Auto-play in properties it always reverts to music files no matter what I choose.

mfletch 13:44 05 Jul 07

Hi have a look here! but it means altering the registry,

click here

mfletch

some burning programs set drives to no autoplay in the registry

I recommend creating a backup of the registry before modifying it. Open up regedit (Start -> Run -> regedit). To backup, go to file -> export

Then go to edit, and select Find. Type in NoDriveTypeAutorun. The default value is 95, which is the value for autorun to be enabled. Right click to modify it (make sure to keep the value in Hex). Then hit F3 and modify every instance of the NoDriveTypeAutorun. Exit regedit and reboot.

also check ths in the registry
HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Cdrom The value for "Autorun" needs to be dword: 1

bruno 19:25 05 Jul 07

Thank you both.I will follow those suggestions and let you know what happens.

bruno 16:24 06 Jul 07

On Fuji's advice I reinstalled XP, as they said it was a known fault.It is fine now and thank you all for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…