Automaticaly Connect To The Internet At Logon.

ThisNameIsMine 20:14 14 Apr 03

Is there a way to automaticaly connect to the internet when I log onto my computer? I am running Windows XP Professional SP1 with an Alcatel SpeedTouch USB ADSL Modem. I have tried putting the connection in the startup folder but all I get is the dialog asking me to connect. I would like it to be a service that doesnt require any input from me at all.

crx16 20:25 14 Apr 03

go into your modem properties, control panel\network connections. under the dialling tab you should see a 'connect automatically'

crx16 20:26 14 Apr 03

under the 'security' tab even

crx16 20:30 14 Apr 03

or in internet options\connection ,'dial whenever a connection is not present'. perhaps you wouldnt need it in start up folder then

spikeychris 20:52 14 Apr 03

Go to control panel and open network connections, minimise the screen and then paste this into run..C:\Documents and Settings\Chris\Start Menu\Programs\Startup (replace chris with your name)

This will open the start up folder, drag the network connection to the startup folder and drop it.

Then go to Internet Explorer on the program menu and drag that into the startup folder and drop.

I have just tried a number of ways and this works so thanks for the post as I have it set that way now :o)

Chris

powerless 21:00 14 Apr 03

My name is Chris also ;-) No need to replace the name hehe.

spikeychris 21:12 14 Apr 03

Chris have you tried it? works like a dream.

Chris

powerless 21:25 14 Apr 03

Yes Chris i have tried it...

Yup, it sure does work.

But i get "Dial Tone not detected"

The ADSL isnt synchronised beofore it goes to connect :-(

spikeychris 11:22 15 Apr 03

How we doing ThisNameIsMine?. Have you tried any of the suggestions?

Sory Chris I couldn't reply last night, I spilt a glass of wine on the keyboard and the space bar wouldn't work soallmytextwouldoflookedlikethis. Have you managed to synchronise the ADSL?

Chris

Lú-tzé 11:32 15 Apr 03

On option is to put a shortcut to a url into the startup folder in the programs file, and have your connection set to connect automatically. It means that your browser will be running though.

powerless 19:31 15 Apr 03

Yes managed to get the thing sychronising and well it works...

:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…