Automatically run two commands

Nortius Maximus 22:32 25 Aug 06

I have a Cd emulator applicatiuon that takes images of CDs and mount them in virtual drives removing the necessity of loading the actual disc.

One upshot of this is that the original desktop shortcuts no longer funtion, but this problem can be circumvented by redirecting the shortcut's target to the CD image, triggering the virtual CD's autorun.

However, I now have a disk that contains no autorun instruction and so I have to use a shortcut mount the virtual CD and then another to start the actual application.

Is it possible for me to create a file of somekind that will combine the two commands, mounting the virtual CD and starting the application, in one simple function?

octal 22:38 25 Aug 06

You can do it with a batch file, but I haven't a clue how to do that in Windows XP.

octal 22:44 25 Aug 06

This site gives some information click here

I haven't written batch files for years, but they are very useful for running strings of commands.

Nortius Maximus 00:51 26 Aug 06

Octal

Thanks for the pointer, unfortunately after a couiple of hours of reading and experimentation all I can manage is to get a couple of command prompt windows to open.

Maybe I'll have better luck over the weekend.

Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…