Automatically logging on to AOL

WHASSATDO! 17:40 29 Jun 04

When I start my computer up it is automatically logging on to our AOL homepage. Have had to take off password to stop this happening but computer still trying to log on constantly. Have run CWS Shredder and Hijackthis and Spybot, but still can't find the problem. Any ideas please?

Thanks

sicknote 18:57 29 Jun 04

Not to sure about this, but is there an AOL icon in the bottom right of task bar, if so right click and there should be a checked start automatically uncheck item. if not you can turn it off in perferences.

WHASSATDO! 19:16 29 Jun 04

Aol auto start turned off, think it might be a worm attached itself to c:\WINDOWS\winserv.exe file which Spybot found as a I.E. Plugin but will not let me fix. Also cannot find this file when I search for it.

Thanks

WHASSATDO! 19:17 29 Jun 04

Aol auto start turned off, think it might be a worm attached itself to c:\WINDOWS\winserv.exe file which Spybot found as a I.E. Plugin but will not let me fix. Also cannot find this file when I search for it.

Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…