Automatically Connect to Internet - How?

JayDay 08:19 06 Oct 04

I have a BB connection and would like it to dial up and log on automatically when I start Windows XP.

Is it possible to do this? If it is how?

Andsome 08:24 06 Oct 04

I cannot quite understand the question. When my computer has booted up, a double click on Internet Explorer takes me straight on line. How much more automatic do you need?

JayDay 08:29 06 Oct 04

I have a wife who is not very computer literate. It would be much easier if she could boot up the PC have the connection made automatically so when she opens her email program she doesn't need to log onto the Internet.

Crazy I know. But would make my life easier :-)

Noelg23 08:32 06 Oct 04

I asked someone this on Monday (cant find the thread) but what to do is put Internet Explorer in the Startup menu of the Programs menu and when your PC starts up Internet Explorer will start up and you can connect automatically when Windows XP starts. or anything else that may need Internet connection.

JayDay 13:54 06 Oct 04

Downloaded DUN Manager click here Great rogram. Even launches programs after connection has been established.

Jackcoms 16:18 06 Oct 04

JayDay

Might it not be worthwhile teaching your wife to be a bit more computer literate - night classes for example?

It's a big wide world out there and you may not always be able to hold her hand!

JayDay 23:00 06 Oct 04

I know, frustrates the hell out of me. When I'm not around the six year old helps her!!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…