Automatically connect to internet

murgle 23:12 27 Oct 03

Could somebody please help me. I access my PC from various location over the internet. Every so often I would like to restart they computer, and have it automatically open up Outlook and connect to the internet.

I used to be able to this with Windows 98SE, but it was some time ago and can't remember how I did it.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

Gaz 25 00:19 28 Oct 03

Just put outlook in the windows start up folder!

> create a shortcut on the desktop for outlook.

> Then click and hold, drag it over the start menu, then all programs (in XP) then start up, then once in there, let go.

That should start with windows now, then, why not make that check for e-mails as soon as it is opened, it will open a new connection then.

Stuartli 09:16 28 Oct 03

If you go to Tools>Options>General tab there are various combinations of connecting automatically to your mail server, even one to make a connection whilst working offline.

murgle 18:57 02 Nov 03

All working now, thanks.

murgle 09:26 10 Nov 03

I've managed to get outlook to open automatic but can't get it to dial without having to click connect when the dial up box comes up.

Internet explore dials and connects automatically, but I cant find out how to make Outlook do the same.

Thanks.
Ian

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…