Automatic Windows Updates Includes IE7 Today!

Taff™ 06:15 20 Oct 06

Just for Information - Notified this morning that there were updates for my computer. Had a quick look and there were two. Windows Defender and Internet Explorer 7.

I already had IE7 Release Candidate 1 installed so it will be interesting to see if those of you with IE6 are suddenly faced with IE7 this morning!

birdface 07:13 20 Oct 06

Already Downloaded IE7 yesterday. And already Had windows defender Downloaded.So just checked to make sure,Yup Nothing to download.

Taff™ 13:11 20 Oct 06

Notice the number of "teething problems on the forum? bump!

anskyber 13:15 20 Oct 06

I have not had any problems with the new full version, or for that matter the RC1 edition.

Some of the problems I have read seem to be "how to?" issues rather than "fault" issues if that makes sense.

Smiler 13:21 20 Oct 06

Downloaded IE7 yesterday and so far I am impressed by it. It's great to have the tabs instead on upteen instances of IE :-)

Nice layout still not used to the layout yet but looks good.

kdt 13:40 20 Oct 06

saw IE7 available wed. night. Thurs./yesterday downloaded it...MS uninstalled my RC1 and installed IE7..no problems so far.

Taff™ 17:29 20 Oct 06

No problems on the Beta or RC1 - Back to the forum!

Stuartli 17:40 20 Oct 06

Seems like MS changed its mind - IE7 was due to be included in the second Tusday of November security updates.

Smiler 19:46 20 Oct 06

"Seems like MS changed its mind"

They may have thought it would be too much for their servers.

Taff™ 08:18 21 Oct 06

Checked a friend`s PC last night and the update wasn`t available for him either. Perhaps Smiler is right and they`ve decided to do a gradual release. It would make sense.

Smiler 11:57 22 Oct 06

Try here
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…