automatic windows updates

bpzoom 10:59 04 Feb 03

WIN XP Home edition, I have always opted for automatic Windows Update downloads. To the best of my knowledge I have not received any for many weeks, and my setting is still correctly pointed at auto updates. As this seems most unusual can anyone say if there has been a pause in these updates for the past month? I chickened out of loading the Service pack 1, and was happy to rely on the regular updates. Now they have stopped and I am getting worried.Thanks.

powerless 11:14 04 Feb 03

There were two updates about 2 weeks.

In internet Explorer > Tool > Windows upadtes...

Have a look for yourself. Any critical upadtes etc will be shown...

Elrond 11:34 04 Feb 03

I'm in the same situation as you, happy to download wen i was told to and stay away from SP1. But as you say, there has been no alert for a good few weeks now. Wen I get home from uni I think i'd best do a manual check. Although i wud like to know why auto update hasn't been doing it's job

bpzoom 17:04 04 Feb 03

Thanks, I take it they are still functioning then, and I will sit back and wait. I have manually downloaded a few today, just wanted to clear a few doubts. I will wrap this one up then.

powerless 05:03 06 Feb 03

So it should auto. update.

Andsome 08:19 06 Feb 03

I have mine configured to be advised when updates are available. That way you can look what they involve first before downloading. Updates are downloading right this minute in the background.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…