automatic windows updates

degssie 23:45 09 Apr 05

I have just set up my laptop with a wireless link to my pc which has broadband and I can now access the internet from it. The trouble is that I can not set up the automatic windows updates, it instructs me to run "services.msc" and set Automatic Updates to start automatically, I do this but for some reason it defaults back to Disabled as soon as I take my eyes off it. Even clicking on the link on the Microsoft Updates page that offers to turn it on for me does not work. I would like to download SP2. Thanks in anticipation

JaßîsFaß ˜ 23:54 09 Apr 05

Why not try download SP2 (from click here) and then see if you can get the windows updates to work afterwards?

degssie 11:44 10 Apr 05

I tried your link and started to download SP2 but it said that it would take 6 hours. After about 1 hour it timed out. Any other suggestions?

JaßîsFaß ˜ 12:41 10 Apr 05

I would try and get hold of a copy of SP2 on CD that you could install from. Many magazines had SP2 on cover discs. Not sure if current PCA mag has it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…