Automatic Updates

TN 19:39 06 Jan 09

I have just discovered that my Automatic Updates is not working. Although it has been selected in Control Panel System and appears to be OK there, when I go to the Security Section in Control Panel it is shown as 'off' and it has no effect when I click on the 'Turn Automatic Updates On' icon. I cannot download any updates because I am told that this has been disabled on my computer. Any one have any idea what is wrong. I recently installed a new Hard Disk and re-installed Windows XP and all my other programmes from scratch. I have 2GB RAM and a 500 GB Hard Disk.

Technotiger 20:01 06 Jan 09

Sometimes happens as a result of Spyware or similar, try running SuperAntiSpyware, reboot your PC when done.

chub_tor 21:37 06 Jan 09

Would this help click here line 179 right hand side

Or this click here

TN 14:33 09 Jan 09

Many thnaks technotiger - downloaded SuperAntiSpyware and ran it - despite already having ran Spybot and TrendMicro House Call and my own Virus checker, your programme found 223 assorted nasties that the others had missed and also sorted the Automatic Update problem which is now running 100% - thanks again to you all for your time and effort.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now