Automatic system restart after booting

kaly 15:40 17 Nov 04

can any one suggest a solution to this problem..
system restarts unexpectedly and while perfoming check disk it is showing bad sectors created and sometimes it deleting files with out my intervention...at a time it is unable to play audio due to missing drivers...i suspect it to be a virus.....i am unable to install drivers or any software as of now...is this a problem cauzed by virus or something else?? if therez a solution let me knw....

configuraton
Athlon AMD xp 1600
MSI Mother Board(recently installed)
Windows XP Professional (O.S)

fredski 16:00 17 Nov 04

Kaly do you geta count down when this happens?
If so you system is infected with "msblast" Virus!

Do the following: Goto: start> Run> and type "msconfig"> Tab to Startup>
and uncheck "msblast">>>> Thats it!!!

update your anti virus, run an online scan

Tog_ 16:05 17 Nov 04

If the virus thing doesn't work out, check the processor settings in BIOS. Incorrect settings can lead to overheating (restarts), disk corruption and file loss.

fredski 16:14 17 Nov 04

Kaly see if this helps
1)Terminate the running program

* Open the Windows Task Manager by either pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL, selecting the Processes tab or selecting Task Manager and then the process tab on WinNT/2000/XP machines.
* Locate one of the following programs (depending on variation), click on it and End Task or End Process

MSBLAST.EXE
PENIS32.EXE
TEEKIDS.EXE
MSPATCH.EXE
MSLAUGH.EXE
ENBIEI.EXE

* Close Task Manager

2) Install the patches for the DCOM RPC Exploit, you can download the patches from the microsoft links below

click here

3) Remove the Registry entries

* Click on Start, Run, Regedit
* In the left panel go to

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>Software>Microsoft>Windows>Current Version>Run

* In the right panel, right-click and delete the following entry

”windows auto update" = MSBLAST.EXE (variant A)
”windows auto update" = PENIS32.EXE (variant B)
”Microsoft Inet xp.." = TEEKIDS.EXE (variant C)
"Nonton Antivirus"=MSPATCH.EXE (variant E)
"Windows Automation" = "mslaugh.exe" (variant F)
"click here"="enbiei.exe" (variant G)

* Close the Registry Editor

4) Delete the infected files (for Windows ME and XP remember to turn off System Restore before searching for and deleting these files to remove infected backed up files as well)

* Click Start, point to Find or Search, and then click Files or Folders.
* Make sure that "Look in" is set to (C:\WINDOWS).
* In the "Named" or "Search for..." box, type, or copy and paste, the file names:
msblast*.* (or other filenames listed above)
* Click Find Now or Search Now.
* Delete the displayed files.
* Empty the Recycle bin, the worm can reinfect even if the files are in the recycle bin.

5) Reboot the computer, reconnect and update your antivirus software, and run a thorough virus scan using your favorite antivirus program.

For Automatic Removal of MSBLAST, download the Symantec removal tool from click here, you'll still need to download the patches above and install them, however this removal tool will stop the MSBLAST program from running, remove the items in the registry, and delete the infected files

woodchip 16:18 17 Nov 04

Put your WinXP disc in Computer, from Start\Run type SFC /SCANNOW

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…