automatic shutdown ?

steviekill 11:13 03 Mar 03

I have a Pentium 2 400mhz on WINXP and when I shut it down it goes through the process of shutting down and then comes up with the following:

It is now safe to turn off your computer. with the windows logo.

How can I just enable automatic shutdown ? because at the moment I have to take the power cable out of the back in order to turn it off completly

MAJ 11:17 03 Mar 03

If you're motherboard supports it, go to Control Panel > Power Options > APM tab and tick the "Enable Advanced Power Management Support" box.

steviekill 11:21 03 Mar 03

Thanks MAJ

dalgy 11:21 03 Mar 03

but if it's not supported try holding down the power button for several seconds to turn it off

climb45 22:56 16 Oct 03

I have a similar problem, but only since upgrading from Windows 98 to XP Home . This shows that the motherboard does support APM and even though the appropriate tab does not appear in Control Panel > Power Options, I managed to enable APM through the BIOS. However, my computer will still not turn off automatically. Does anyone have any further suggestions?

powerless 23:19 16 Oct 03

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…