automatic reconnect ability with BT broadband basi

morris948 20:16 17 Oct 05

Hi
is there a way of making a broadband connection automatically reconnect when the line drops out?
I know its suppose to be an always on connection but it keeps dropping out sometimes.
there are good days and bad days sometimes.

When i used to have dialup, you could specify the line to reconnect automatically, this setting is still active but i dont think it applies to the broadband connection any ideas?

I use BT broadband basic at 512K connection,(cant up the speed because i am so far from the exchange)

morris948 14:03 18 Oct 05

can anyone help amswer this question

PaulB2005 14:07 18 Oct 05

As you state ADSL is supposed to be an "always on" connection so there would normally be no need for a re-connection software.

Probably better to find out why the connection is being dropped.

Got filters on all the phones, faxes and other devices on the same line?

morris948 15:43 18 Oct 05

Yes. all filters working and connected, like i said some days are better than others, but what happens is when it starts to drop the little tv icons on the taskbar dont flash with activity even when you request a page reload and the status window where you see the bytes transmitting hardly increase at all and then if i disconnect and reconnect it works fine for around 5 mins.

This would be a bad day, otherwise i can have many hours with no line drop.
Is this normal behaviour for ADSL i am about 6 miles from the exchange.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced