automatic reboot after a normal shut down

joe mellow 16:26 20 Oct 03

After an upgrade my computer running windows ME shuts down fine but after approx 5 seconds it reboots its self and starts up as normal. It shuts down fine but wont stay shut down. I know something about BIOs settings causing a reboot when AC power is cut could this be something to do with it? Sorry Spikey Chris thanks for the advice but I couldn,t get through much of it!

kingkenny 16:48 20 Oct 03

Have you tried going into your BIOS as your PC boots up and checking the hardware/power configurations?

What was your upgrade?

kingkenny 11:58 21 Oct 03

Got your email.

Can i ask what Wattage your PSU is? I have recently experienced a similar problem and it may be that your modem has just tipped your system over the balance of what you PSU can give and what your system needs. How many drives (optical and hard) do you have also?

Also after you physically installed the modem component did your system boot up without a problem? Did it then correctly spot new hardware was installed and try to launch the software installation wizard? Did you PC have any problems at that point?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…