Automatic Logon Windows XP Pro

ajm 20:04 11 Jan 04

Is there a way that Windows XP can log into windows automatically without the need for the ACCOUNT NAME to be clikced that comes when I restart the machine. I have a Windows XP Pro machine that has only one account. When I restart or reeboot the computer I have to click on the USER ACCOUNT to get into windows. I only have one account named XXXXX with no password.

The reason i am asking is that I have subscribed to GOTOMYPC which allows remote access to my home computer from anywhere that has a internet connection ( broadband preferrably). I was at my friends house demonstarting GOTOMYPC when he accidentally restarted my remote machine, thinking it was his.

VoG II 20:07 11 Jan 04

Get TweakUI click here

temp003 07:02 12 Jan 04

Or go to Control Panel, Users Accounts, Change the way users log on and off, untick Users must enter a username and password to use this computer. Click OK and follow the prompts.

Or click Start, Run, type:

control userpasswords2

and press Enter, to do the same thing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…