Automatic Internet Dialing

Gary 12:31 26 Feb 03

I have just updated to Windows XP Professional. Now, everytime I open up internet explorer a connection is automatically dialed to the internet (whereas before I had to click on the connect button, despite the fact that the password was saved).

Can anyone tell me how I can stop this from happening?

Gary 12:33 26 Feb 03

sorry, forgot the second question I had!

Can anyone tell me how I can stop MSN messenger signing in as soon as a connection is available?

beeuuem 12:45 26 Feb 03

In IE Tools >Internet Options> Connections change the selected option from 'Dial when ever a network connection is not present' to 'Always dial my defalt connection' This will give you the dial up connection box when you open IE.

Gary 13:46 26 Feb 03

That has solved the problem of internet explorer dialling automatically every time I open up the browser. However, I still have a problem with MSN Messenger. It is always running in the background but as soon as a connection to the Internet is established it connects. How can I stop it from signing in until I ask it to?!

Audeal 14:14 26 Feb 03

Open the messenger window (Double Click on the Icon in the tool bar). Click on the tools tab, go to bottom of the list and click on "Options". Click on the General Tab, Remove the tick in the third box down "Allow automatic sign in when connected to the Internet" and thats it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…