automatic internet connection

pat2068 02:16 30 May 05

could anyone tell me how i can make my bt adsl internet start when i start up the computer i have a voyager 100 modem i
have tried putting my shortcut into start up but that just brings the dial up box onto the screen could anyone help me please thanks leo

ashdav 09:14 30 May 05

are you running the aol software? If so then this method won't work sorry.

ashdav 09:24 30 May 05

which shortcut are you using? You need to use the one from the desktop and move it (not copy) to the startup folder for all users.

wee eddie 10:11 30 May 05

What I think you are actually asking is:

How do I get Internet Explorer/Firefox (or whatever) to boot when I Start-up?

Dorsai 10:19 30 May 05

For XP,

open control panel>network connections.
Right click on the entry for the modem and pick 'properties'. Click on the options tab and make sure that the two check boxes that start "prompt for" are unticked.
Click OK to save any changes.

Still in the control panel, double click on 'internet options' and select the 'connections' tab. OF the three radio buttons select 'Always dial my default connection'.

This should in theory make the computer auto connect anytime any program needs net access. If the PC does not connect up when you start up I would put a shortcut to a web brouser in the 'startup' folder.

fingers crossed

GroupFC 11:34 30 May 05

Bookmarked!

pat2068 18:39 30 May 05

thanks for you help works great leo

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

New iOS 11 release date rumours UK | new features coming to Siri, FaceTime, Messages and Video