Automatic Internet Connection

Bun 15:12 16 Feb 05

I thought I had cracked it last time with taking it off the start up but it is still happening. I am using Windows ME and Blueyonder broadband and Internet Explorer. Every time I switch on the computer it automatically connects me to the internet. It's become a nuisance. Can anybody help please.

SurfMonkey _#:@}™ 15:22 16 Feb 05

use tools>interent options>connections then tick never dial a connection this should stop connecting when you start up pc

GaT7 15:39 16 Feb 05

May be there's some other program that's doing this, like it was happening for maz2 click here.

SurfMonkey, your suggestion will usually work on a standard dialup connection - Bun has a broadband connection. G

plsndrs3 15:58 16 Feb 05

You could try a Firewall like ZoneAlarm click here or Kerio click here [sorry, you don't say if you have one]. This will at least tell you what is trying to connect.

regards,

Paul

Yoda Knight 16:19 16 Feb 05

BLUEYONDER BROADBAND is an always-on CABLE connection ! It doesnt dial up !

VoG II 16:21 16 Feb 05

Do you mean Internet Explorer launches at startup?

plsndrs3 16:54 16 Feb 05

"Every time I switch on the computer it automatically connects me to the internet"

I took this to be attempting to dial up [the dial up connection box appears] as if the connection is always on, there would be no warning - other than opening another program like VOG suggests. If it were attempting to dial a connection Kerio or Zone alarm would be able to identify what program was doing this [if not already known] for correction or deletion, as required.

Paul

Yoda Knight 21:39 16 Feb 05

I think Bun had beta be a bit more specific as to what exactly he means if he wants any specific advice with this one

Yoda Knight 21:40 16 Feb 05

I think Bun had beta be a bit more specific as to what exactly he means if he wants any specific advice with this one (Although I personaly suspect Vog nailed it... )

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…