Automatic Filenames

RE1772 19:47 08 Aug 06

I save a lot of documents daily and have created a simple system of arranging these documents by creating a filename that starts with the numerical date backwards "YYMMDD" for eg 060808-mydocument.doc - This ensures that they are listed not by the modified date, but the creation date. Does anyone know if there is a program out there that will do this automatically for any windows program? (I dont just use MS Office) - Many thanks

silverous 21:56 08 Aug 06

Haven't heard anything but if you store them all in 'known' areas you could write a batch file/vbscript and either run it manually or schedule it to rename them all.

RE1772 16:21 09 Aug 06

I dont think i'm clever enough to do that - i was hoping for something that automatically added the date when i click the 'save as' button in an application

Rigga 16:24 09 Aug 06

If you want to sort files on created date, add created date to the shown attributes, and sort on it?

HTH.
R.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…