Automatic File Renamer?

kwil2 01:32 01 Aug 09

I’m running XP Home SP2 and frequently download lots of individual files at any one time.
As you know, when a file is already named, for example ‘X’, then a window pops up asking you if you want to replace/rename ‘X’.
If renaming, then this has to be typed in manually, then saved.
This can become tedious in any one session so does anyone know of software (preferably free) that can automatically rename a file if required without the need for my intervention?
This would greatly assist the download experience and save a lot of time for me.
Many thanks

Pesala 10:07 04 Aug 09

In Preferences, Downloads, MIME types you edit the file types for the files you wish to download without prompting, e.g. JPG, and tell Opera which folder you wish to save them to. If a file of the same name already exists, Opera will automatically rename it is as filename (1). jpg, filename (2).jpg etc.

Thereafter, just right-click on any JPG image and save it without being asked for a filename or target folder.

Different file types, e.g. GIF, can be assigned a different folder or the same folder.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009