Automatic download of sold product

Iceman244 18:30 14 Oct 09

I am setting up my first website and will selling a downloadable product on the site.

I have been recommended to get PayPal website payments standard.

My website will be a one page website so website standard plus seems perfect as I can just add the “buy now” button in order to accept card payments, and then the money goes into my PayPal account.

The problem is I am now stuck with how to get the product to the customer.

What I want is once the customer has paid by card and the payment has gone through, for them to be taken to a download page or be able to download the product.

Is this done via PayPal and they allow the customer to download the product?

If not how is best to do this, so as once the customer has paid they automatically download or get sent the product? I don’t really want to have to reply to each customer one at a time sending an attachment.

I am really stuck on this one and any help would be much appreciated.

ashleycardwell94 19:38 14 Oct 09

once the payment is complete you could send them an email with a download link or a log in page to see the downloadable files, make sure the website cannot be backdorred and only use the required files not like _private and stuff, this could be a potential risk to your site and security and for added security you could buy an ssl certificate for around £9

lotvic 22:51 14 Oct 09

Duplicate post on Webdesign Forum click here

Please close this one and stick to the one on Webdesign.

Forum Editor 00:13 15 Oct 09

It's not a good idea to post duplicate threads in different forum areas. It causes confusion.

I'm going to lock this version now. Please refer to the one you've posted in WebDesign.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac