Automatic Dial-up connection

j4johnso 23:21 29 Jul 04

When I boot-up my computer the Dial-up Connection logs in without me selecting it. But this doesn't happen every time.

Computer Compaq Deskpro intel pentium. Capacity 1.01 GB. Windows '98.

Night Ryder 23:30 29 Jul 04

Check your startup folder to see if there is a shortcut to a dialer present.

THE TERMINATOR 23:46 29 Jul 04

In IE click on Tools menu, internet options,connection tab and enable never dial a connection....TT

j4johnso 23:52 30 Jul 04

Connections tab enable never dial a connection.

Unless I have missed the point. Have carried out the above but Internet Explorer Browser is then unable to dial in to the Internet.

kspatto 00:28 31 Jul 04

is this dialer using the number you recieved from you internet provider??

if it isnt you may have a trojan logging on to a high rate line this will cost you big bucks what system protection do you have

j4johnso 11:42 01 Aug 04

The 'Dialer' is using the number I recieved from my internet provider.

A few weeks ago my system protection,Grisoft AVG 6.0 Anti-Virus picked up two Trojan horses and decrypted them and placed them in the system vault. I have deleted both from the system.

Before and after the 'Horses' the 'Dial-up' would, on occasions, dial-up all on its own without me selecting it.

I booted-up my computer this morning and the 'Dial-up sequence started all by itself.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…