Automatic Broadband Connection

Bonnboy 22:49 13 Oct 04

Is it possible to configure my system to start up my broadband connection automatically whenever I go to check my e-mails or look at a website? At the moment when I check my e-mails or look for a website I get message saying the connection has failed and I then have to go to the start menu to 'connect to' and then to 'Speedtouch connection' to establish my broadband link. Wanadoo my broadband supplier say they cannot advise on what I need to do estblish an automatic connection

Djohn 02:59 15 Oct 04

The best method is to have a shortcut on your desktop of your modem Icon. When you boot up your PC first thing then click on the Icon to establish a connection, leave the connection open to be able to surf from opening your browser or checking your mail from the Express Icon.

Minimise Express to the taskbar and set it up from tools/options/ general tab to check for mail every X minutes. It will play a system sound and the express Icon will appear in your notification area lower right of task bar.

JayDay 08:32 15 Oct 04

To get your connection to dial automatically when windows starts then download 1st Dialer (free) get it here click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…