Automated System Recovery in Windows XP Pro

PaulB2005 11:50 31 Dec 05

Is the Automated System Recovery in Windows XP Pro simalar to Norton Ghost or Acronis True Image in that it makes an Image of your drive?

I've read click here but i'm not clear on what it exactly does.

Note:
Note Only those system files necessary for starting up your system will be backed up by this procedure.

ASR will not restore your data files.

So is it just to get the PC up and running again rather than a true backup or image procedure?

SANTOS7 11:59 31 Dec 05

This is the first step in a good backup and recovery program. At this point, you should be able to recover your system and its settings to their current state, even if you had a catastrophic problem (for instance, the hard drive completely failed and had to be replaced). This process does not backup other data or files (for instance, Word documents that you have stored in a folder on the hard drive). In future articles we will explain how those files can also be backed up.
click here
text taken from link,it may help...

PaulB2005 13:59 31 Dec 05

Thanks. I appreciate the link adn info however i've read a lot on it and i'm really looking for "real world" experience from people who have used it. I suspect it's not as comprehensive as say Norton Ghost or Acronis True Image but i know someone who might make use of it if it's good enough.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…