Automated emails

k_g2000 20:43 23 Feb 03

Hi, I'm unable to receive automated emails using outlook/Microsoft express. I can receive them through my hotmail account, I have tested the settings for my pop3 account and they are fine. Also I’m finding myself having to refresh the help room forum page to receive new postings. Any ideas k_g2000.

Stuartli 20:48 23 Feb 03

We all have to refresh the forum pages to receive new postings - you only download the current page.

That's why people often post a message only to be surprised that there are several unexpected postings before them - it happens on occasions whilst typing your posting.

MAJ 20:50 23 Feb 03

Unless you're reading another post and use the back button, the page automatically refreshes. What do you mean by Automated emails?

k_g2000 20:51 23 Feb 03

Thanks Stuartli, One problem solved.

k_g2000 21:05 23 Feb 03

Hi MAJ, By automated emails, I mean an instant email response from another computer. For example ordering goods online or registering, you get an instant email response with a password or ordering confirmation.
k_g2000

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…