autoexec.bat

stef9000 22:04 01 Nov 03

hi,

im tryin to fix my cd rom driver because its stoppin windows from booting.

im following some instructions ive been given but when i type in autoexec.bat it just comes up with invalid command.

im using win95 in dos.

thanks

Rtus 22:50 01 Nov 03

IF my memory serves me correctly..

try C:\> edit autoexec.bat
you should then be able to correct the cdrom drive commands..

Rtus 22:56 01 Nov 03

Oh and the config.sys should also have entries which must have the same address.for the cdrom drive.

Rtus 23:02 01 Nov 03

this may also help...

click here

This may be of some help click here

DieSse 23:33 01 Nov 03

"im tryin to fix my cd rom driver because its stoppin windows from booting"

How do you know this. Your autoexec.bat should not be loading any Cd-Rom drivers, as they may well screw up the windows cd-rom drivers

"im following some instructions ive been given"

Well tell us what the instructions are, and we may be able to help.

Tell is what's in your autoexec.bat file, and we may be able to tell you why.

No-one can guess whats in your system - you've got to tell us, or we can't really help.

stef9000 12:39 02 Nov 03

im trying to do the editautoexec.bat command but its just sayin invalid command and when i type config.sys it just comes up with not bein able to load device driver ive booted from windows95 boot up disk and then it asks for win95 cd then it says unable to load device drivers.

Would it be best to format the hard drive, and start from scratch as there is'nt no important data on there.

DieSse 15:56 02 Nov 03

"im trying to do the editautoexec.bat command"

How are you trying to do it?

To edit autoexec.bat you can open it in Windows using Notepad, and edit it.

DieSse 16:00 02 Nov 03

PS - you can't just type config.sys and expect anything sensible to happen - it's not a program, so you can't run config.sys.

I think you should start from the begining and tell us exactly what happens that Win95 won't boot. Where it gets to, and what messages you get.

I'm afraid what you're saying is too confusing at present.

Limehouse 16:04 02 Nov 03

Boot from the Win 95 Startup disk. At the A:\ prompt type "edit" without the quotes, and hit return. This should bring up a text editor with a blue background, go to File/Open and browse to Autoexec.bat and open it, do what you want and then SAVE the file, and reboot.

stef9000 17:48 02 Nov 03

i was getting a error message on boot up stoppin windows from loading.

sony atapi cdrom

no drives are attached, or devices are powered down.
device driver is not installed.

c:\dev\mscdex.exe /D:mscd000 /v/ m:12.

device driver not found 'MSCD000'

no valid cdrom device drivers selected.

have been told to check the autoexec.bat is correct with config.sys but when i type autoexec.bat it just came up with the no valid drive.

ive tryed a mscdex.exe program of bootdisc.com but cd rom still won't work.
win95 boot disk still not work.
generic driver(s) still nothing.
then formated hard drive, installed all info from boot disk and i installed mscdex.exe which work but i noticed it was in path C:sony/mscdex.exe is that y it car'nt find it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…