autoconnect and IE

damnthispc 23:08 02 Oct 06

I assume something has got past my internet protection.
as soon as I log into my user account, my speedtouch modem logs on to the net with out being instructed, soon after IE opens this page click here, which then goes on to other pages.
How do I stop this, tried pinging the saddy to get the IP to put into zone alarm but no joy.
HELP! its driving me nuts,
IE has opened five times whilst typing this.
Spybot picks up stuff innoculates but it comes back at next restart, appears to be in my user account only.

woodchip 23:17 02 Oct 06

First, look in MSCONFIG under startup Tab remove any that you may link or do not look right. It does not remove them it just stops them running at start. Check home page in you browser. But it looks like you need to run some online scanners

skidzy 23:22 02 Oct 06

click here click here Try running your AV in safe mode,just a few options to determine if you have any little bugs.

damnthispc 23:24 02 Oct 06

I've run spybot and adaware, both have deleted risky files but it still happens

damnthispc 23:25 02 Oct 06

skidzy, will do and will report back

damnthispc 00:45 03 Oct 06

fixed it with a safe mode scan. Thanks for the tip

damnthispc 23:46 03 Oct 06

thought i'd fixed this after scanning in safe mode. WRONG. On starting up tonught, it's back again

Jak_1 00:13 04 Oct 06

Dissable system restore.
Control Panel > System

Then re-boot in safe mode and run av and antivirus. Then re-boot in normal mode. Re-enable system restore. Problem should then be sorted.

damnthispc 01:16 04 Oct 06

Thats what i did last night and thought I'd fixed it, but as i said earlier, today it's back

skidzy 06:53 04 Oct 06

Try Ewido click here and a-squared click here

damnthispc 22:52 04 Oct 06

got pee'd off with it in the end, had already backed up critical files prior to this problem started so I formatted the disk and re-instaled the lot. Ho hum a right pain but a certain fix.
I'm a happy bunny now.
Complained to google as the website was using googleand google adsence in the page, awaiting a reply

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…