Autocomplete in WinXP

I have WinXP Home and IE8.Some sites which I visit frequently require numbers,passwords etc to open them.Even when I check to save this info I still have to type it all in again on the next visit.I am sure there is a way to fill in the required info automatically but I don`t know how to do it so any advice would be much appreciated.Thank you in advance.

Pineman100 16:04 13 Nov 09

It sounds as though your browser is refusing cookies. In IE8 click Tools>Internet Options>Privacy tab. If the slider is set anywhere above "Medium", slide it down to that setting.

That should allow reasonably safe cookies to be saved on your hard drive. This will mean that things like your username, account number, etc. should be remembered.

You should, of course, be aware that the more such information that allow to be stored in cookies, the less secure you are. So you certainly don't want passwords to be stored. These should be typed in by you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…