autocomplete

denis93 11:45 27 Mar 08

my mum has xp home and autocomplete turned on,yet every time she trys to sign into websites,all fields are blank,evev when she double clicks them.

rawprawn 13:35 27 Mar 08

Is she using a Cleaner such as CCleaner in which there is an option which will clear the saved Auto Complete forms?

denis93 03:12 28 Mar 08

no she does not,she uses avg free edition,xp home service pack 2,any ideas?

Technotiger 07:34 28 Mar 08

I suppose she has completed, the one-off 'form' which holds all her details which are then used in Auto-complete!

rawprawn 08:24 28 Mar 08

Good point Technotiger

johndrew 10:21 28 Mar 08

Which browser are we talking about? And I presume we are referring to the Google Toolbar?

I`m not sure `Autocomplete` (AutoFill?) is what is meant here, if it is then it must be the wrong tool. For Signing into sites (name and password) you are prompted by the browser to `Save` the details at the login. AutoFill is used for name, address, etc., in forms.

Is it me or is the question badly posed?

denis93 02:41 29 Mar 08

mum is using ie 6,and no toolbars

Technotiger 08:30 29 Mar 08

What exactly do you mean by "every time she trys to sign into websites" ?

One does not normally need to sign in to websites.

Auto-complete is used to complete personal details and such like, as per when one is buying something on-line, and a name/address/payment details etc are required for the purchase. When an on-line purchase process is started, a form always shows blank spaces which need to be filled in by the purchaser, as above. So if a person is going to be making on-line purchases on several occasions during the year or in the future, it is easier to only have to fill in all the necessary details once the first time, and then use Auto-complete on any future purchases.

We need a bit more explanation of what your mum is trying to do.

"mum is using ie 6,and no toolbars" ... hmm, there must be Tool-bars - I imagine you mean "no Add-ons" in IE6. If you look at your mums IE6 and click on View in the top line, you will see the Tool-bars listed. Those Tool-bars that are ticked will be shown in IE6 - those Tool-bars which are not ticked may be added simply by ticking them by clicking on them.

Sorry to be so long-winded, but I hope you can understand all that.

birdface 09:52 29 Mar 08

Have you tried Tools.Internet Options.Content.Settings.And ticked all the boxes.

birdface 10:00 29 Mar 08

Or maybe.tools.internet options.General.Settings.The top part set to automatically. And the bottom to how many days to keep the list of websites visited.Now this is the way you do it with IE7 it might not be the same with IE6.

denis93 00:56 30 Mar 08

"Have you tried Tools.Internet Options.Content.Settings.And ticked all the boxes"
settings is greyed out.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…