Auto update failure Norton AV

Diver14 13:12 13 May 03

I have the latest Norton Anti-virus installed on a dual boot 98se / XP system. Although the system auto updates in 98se it doesn't in XP - I have to do it manually (I've tried it logged on as Admin - still no luck. The settings are the same for both (98/XP). I've downloaded the lastest version of Liveupdate from Symantec but still no joy.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

are you using the same copy of NAV on both systems?

Diver14 13:23 13 May 03

Yes - same on both systems.

read the EULA , it knoes you're being very very naughty

Diver14 13:35 13 May 03

How so? I've only got the program installed on one computer and as it's a dual boot system only one copy is running at any one time.

I haven't got the EULA to hand - are you saying this is a no no?

sorry i missed the bit about dual boot, so that would probably change any legal aspect but i suspect that is what is causing the problem, symantec have 24hour online tech support try them, (again i appologise for not reading your post properly)

Diver14 13:49 13 May 03

Phew! you had me worried then - I was waiting for the FE lightning bolt to hit!!!

I don't think the dual boot is a factor as I am using Boot-it boot manager and this hides the various partions with 98 / XP on so they cannot 'see' each other.

Thanks for your thoughts anyway.

Diver14 13:53 13 May 03

sorry - partition :-)

let us know when you find an answer cos its an interesting question, my money says it thinks its on two different machines

Mango Grummit 14:25 13 May 03

Can't you just download the updates once and copy updated files to your D drive then transfer them manually to your other OS?

Diver14 15:28 13 May 03

Updating on XP is no problem - I just hit the Liveupdate button and it downloads / installs the files for me but I have to REMEMBER to do this every couple of days. If it was working as it should, it would check automatically whenever I'm connected to the 'Net.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now