Auto Sign Out is too Quick IE8 & XP

johnoo 16:30 PM 09 Apr 12

Think the title says it. I only have to leave the machine for a few minutes & I get automatically signed out. As I have a sign in password it is getting a tad boring having to re enter. How can I extend the time before auto sign out? Note:- If I go into Control Panel/Display/Monitor Power/Sceensaver the "System Standby" is set to 20 minutes, but I have to re log in long before that period of time

difarn 17:36 PM 09 Apr 12

When you set the 20 minute delay are you clicking on apply and ok?

johnoo 18:28 PM 09 Apr 12

Just clicking on OK, apply is not there.

johnoo 18:48 PM 09 Apr 12

Just checked it, even though the Control Panel Monitor Power is set for 20 minutes, I am having to log in with password after about 10 minutes. Am I missing something?

difarn 20:52 PM 09 Apr 12

Is your power saving set to "never" for standby

Try Display Properties - Screen Saver - and uncheck "On resume, display Welcome screen".

Do you have a screensaver set up?

johnoo 22:21 PM 09 Apr 12

System Standby set to 20 minutes, Turn off Monitor 15 minutes, Turn off Hard Disc Never. Screen Saver set to "Yes" On Resume question is Checked

I can't do the "Uncheck" trial bit for a couple of days.

Will Post results Wednesday

johnoo 15:19 PM 11 Apr 12

Unchecking the "On resume, display Welcome screen"seems to have worked thanks for the help.

difarn 23:34 PM 12 Apr 12

Glad it's sorted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Cyber Monday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Cyber Monday tech deals, sales, discounts & offers

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Harry Potter's graphic designers showcase magical props & posters in new exhibition

Apple rumours & predictions 2016: What to expect from Apple in 2016