auto save as gone off can i switch it back on ?

scooter1957 07:29 21 May 08

Hi everybody good morning
when i put some names into look at on the web
up to yesturday it saved what i had put in today
when i switch the pc on every thing had gone
and whan i put some thing in it does not save it can any one help Thank you Alan

Graham. 08:02 21 May 08

Do you mean mean Web addresses (URLs)?

rawprawn 08:04 21 May 08

I assume that you mean typed web addresses in IE, if so go to Tools> Internet options> General tab> Browsing History> Settings> History> set the number of days you wish to keep track of.

scooter1957 08:59 21 May 08

Hi rawprawn i went to where you said it was set on 25 day so i changed it to 30 days and it still did not save.any more i dears . yes graham thats what i mean thanks for all your help Alan

Graham. 09:07 21 May 08

Have a look in Tools, Internet Options, Advanced. Scroll down and uncheck Empty Temporary Internet Files...

scooter1957 12:54 21 May 08

Graham triad that it still will not save on google
main page but if i go to the google tool bar at the top of page all the names i put in are still there what do you think now ? ALAN

scooter1957 13:14 21 May 08

lost every thing on ebay as well if i look at ebay tool bar at top it is empty ? Alan

rawprawn 13:41 21 May 08

Try a system file check, you haven't said which OS but
sfc /scannow in Vista. Right click on the Coomand Prompt icon and choose "Run as administrator" then type sfc /scannow at the C:prompt. you do not need a disc
In XP just go to start> Run and type sfc /scannowyou will need your XP Disc.

SFC should repair IE If it is corrupted

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…