Auto responding in Outlook 2000

CliffP 11:42 13 Feb 03

Can anyone tell me if it is possible (and if so, how) to set up Outlook 2000 (running on Exchange 5.5) to send an automatic response AFTER a message has been read. I can't seem to find a rule that will do this. TIA

AubreyS 12:05 13 Feb 03

Do you mean when someone reads your e-mail you get a notification that your e-mail has been opened?

Sir Radfordin™ 12:07 13 Feb 03

Open up a new mail and then click the options button. From there you can select various tracking options. You want to request a read receipt.

This is only a request and there is nothing to force the receiver to actually send a response back.

AubreyS 12:13 13 Feb 03

Just what I was going to say and if they only read it in the preview pane then delete it, you will get a message back to say they have deleted it without it being read.

CliffP 12:27 13 Feb 03

to be an automated response. I have a user that receives emails from Joe Public. I need Outlook to send an automatic response that will fire back a pre-set message (thanks for emailing enquiries - you will hear from us soon etc...) when my user opens the email. I don't want a Rule that will just send an Out Of Office type reply, but will only reply when the email is opened. Thanks...

beeuuem 12:44 13 Feb 03

Does this help?
Respond to requests for read receipts
On the Tools menu, click Options, and then click E-mail Options.

Click Tracking Options.

Do one of the following:
To send a read receipt whenever one is requested, click Always send a response.

To not allow read receipts whenever one is requested, click Never send a response.

Note This feature works only on messages sent by using Internet e-mail.

CliffP 12:46 13 Feb 03

This is NOTHING to do with requesting READ RECEIPTS. Thanks

beeuuem 12:46 13 Feb 03

Sorry - I really should read the question before sticking my two' pennuth in.

CliffP 12:50 13 Feb 03

I appreciate the input ...

Sir Radfordin™ 12:55 13 Feb 03

Have a feeling that Outlook will only allow rules to process incomming emails. You don't seem to be able to create a rule that will send a reply after reading.

Pegasus Mail does I think, allow you to do this (process rules on closing a folder) but thats not going to be much help to you.

GANDALF <|:-)> 19:34 13 Feb 03

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…