"Auto recovery on close" - How to??

Raywood 08:46 09 Sep 04

I frequently find that when I am writing e-mails in Outlook Express (Under Windows 98SE) the computer crashes or freezes. Therefore my carefully crafted email is lost. A friend recommended a "Auto recovery on close" idea, but he didn't know how it works.

Does anyone here know??

Baledor 08:52 09 Sep 04

Microsoft Word has an auto-recovery function when compiling a Word document, and within Microsoft Outlook you can use Word as your email editor, therefore exploit the functionality of the auto-recovery feature, but I do not think this feature is available to Outlook Express.

My first recommendation would be to find out why your computer is crashing when compiling an email.

Raywood 08:58 09 Sep 04

How would I go about diagnosing the cause of the crash/freeze? All I think I am doing is pushing buttons on a keyboard.

Baledor 09:36 09 Sep 04

since I was on W98SE, however my first point of call would be the MS Knowledge Base at click here and enter some text along the lines of "outlook express crashes", also run Windows Update, also you don't say whether you receive any error messages?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…