auto play not working please help

ozzy 123 21:21 30 Nov 03

hi i am using windows xp home.
i have done a back up disc of my important programs on my pc because i had to do a complete system restore. the programs being things like spybot and mailwasher but allthough the auto play box appears it does not perform the task i highlite. i wanted to open the folder to view the files on the disc but it doesn't do anything.
i opend the my computer file and clicked on my cd rom drive right clicked and pressed open and that didnt work. can any one please help i know the disc works because i checked it a few weeks ago when i made it. one other thing when idid the system restore packard bell registration pages came up prompting me to register my pc again which i did but now i cant turn off the registration page it keeps appearing every time i use my pc sometimes three times a day how can i turn it off. many thanks for taking the time to read this.
ozzy 123

Djohn 21:45 30 Nov 03

Click on your "My Computer" Icon, then right click on the CD drive, choose properties, then the hardware tab, highlight the CD drive, click on properties then the driver tab.

Re-run the driver update, it will come back saying that windows is already using the best driver, click on OK and click your way out.

Re-boot the PC and try your CD again, this sometimes works by re-enabling the driver with the hardware again. j.

Djohn 21:49 30 Nov 03

For your second problem, look closely at the registration page, there should be a small box to place a tick saying, "Do not remind me again".

Place a tick in there and it should stop it from pestering you. j.

ozzy 123 20:00 01 Dec 03

thanks for all your help but there isnt a box to tick to stop the registration reminder but the cd drive settings worked cheerz mate

Djohn 20:05 01 Dec 03

Your welcome. Pleased it worked for you. There must be some way of stopping the registration page from popping up, I'll keep working on it. j.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…