Auto Mouse Scrolling

woodchip 14:14 25 Nov 10

Cannot get it to work when I click the wheel. Any help considered.
PS its a USB Wireless Optical Mouse

alB 15:08 25 Nov 10

Check the mouse properties in control panel, it might be disabled ...alB

woodchip 23:44 25 Nov 10

found I had turned off Touchpad in msconfig, turned it on but its not made no difference on my HP laptop. got it working on Samsung Netbook but not HP Laptop. Must be a registry problem

woodchip 15:45 26 Nov 10

Still not working

mooly 17:00 26 Nov 10

Not quite your problem but is it worth a try telling the PC it's something "different",

click here

rdave13 17:36 26 Nov 10

Try this, clck on the pointing device icon in the notification area, pointing device properties, device settings tab, reset devices tab then the usual apply and ok tabs.

woodchip 23:53 26 Nov 10

In Device Manager it is registered as a Hid mouse, and it all works as it should other than Auto Scrolling when clicking on the wheel. In Control Panel testing it it works okay, in mouse settings but its applied to the touchpad not mouse

mooly 08:18 27 Nov 10

Can't help but wonder as to whether this is one of those "weird" issues (of the kind I occasionally used to get) and that ultimately I had to put down to the use of registry cleaners (even CC). From abandoning these and clean installing I have suffered none of this type of thing.

Just a thought :)

woodchip 10:53 27 Nov 10

could be as I use Cleanup at the end of the day to clear all garbage> Will mark as resolved as It seems like I will have to put up with it on the HP Laptop. though I use just the same setup and OS on Samsung Netbook at it works okay on that

mooly 07:15 28 Nov 10

Found this while looking for something else,
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…