Auto log-in to this site

DieSse 00:51 28 Oct 05

In case any of yo ave not found it yet - when logged in - click on your name in the top left corner - this opens up your User Profile - Cick the auto log-in box near the bottom

Apologies for any repetition, but I only just found out *how-to* myself.

User-312386 00:55 28 Oct 05

it does not work 01:02 28 Oct 05

it will be a long while, or a desperate problem, before I bother logging on again.

I cannot believe this is classed as an improvement.

DieSse 01:21 28 Oct 05

Well - Using Firefox, I stay always logged in unless I close Firefox - so that much is fine - and Firefox remembers my name/PW when I log in after opening Firefox.

That's what's to be expected isn't it?

DieSse 01:29 28 Oct 05

You're confusing the style with the substance - surely what we come here for is the substance - that hasn't changed - in fact improved, with the new blog sections.

Sure the style's changed - and I don't think it's that great - but it isn't that bad either - give it a week and you'll have forgotten the old one. As soon as the teething troubles are over, and they're pretty minor - it'll all be forgotten and we'll all be using it just as we used to.

Chegs ? 04:47 28 Oct 05

I wont! I have already explained in several threads,the browsers not recalling my details(3 seperate ones)the grey on grey gives me a headache,stuff that,I'm off to find a peaceful eyepleasing existence elsewhere.I'll check back in a few days,see if the formats changed.

muddypaws 07:50 28 Oct 05

I agree that the new format is attractive. However no way does auto log in work for me.
I click on my name, re-enter email address and password, tick the box to stay logged in then it forgets me. In fact when I try to re-enter it says I have entered an incorrect password/ email address.

Meshuga 08:00 28 Oct 05

I have ticked the auto login box and ticked to confirm update but it does not work for me either.

BurrWalnut 09:24 28 Oct 05

Doesn't work for me either.

muddypaws 15:22 28 Oct 05

It has now remembered me. Eureka.

justme 15:27 28 Oct 05

I have tried several times to use the autologin but each time it tells me that my nickname is already in use. Does this mean that I have to change my nickname, and is this a ploy by PCA to get everyone to reregister so that they can find out just how many active members there are.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…